In order for the McDonald's Magic City Classic Parade to be successful, all participants should adhere to the following guidelines:
- All parade participants must be at their designated line-up areas by 7:00 am to be lined up by the Parade Marshals.
- Parade participant/vehicle with parade permits should enter the blocked intersection nearest their section line up. Only participants with a parade permit will be allowed to enter blocked intersections.
- Parade Permits (original copy) should be displayed on the driver side of the front windshield. Walking and marching units should have their parade permit on their person. NO EXCEPTIONS! A parade permit is required for every unit, and this will be strictly enforced.
- All buses will be parked in an area reserved only for buses. Buses should come to the intersection of 23rd Street and Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. North to enter the lot. All buses will be guided by the Birmingham Police to the reserved area. Buses will remain parked at this location until the passengers return from the parade route.
- The McDonald's Magic City Classic Parade will start promptly at 8:00 am.
- Please, no candy or other favors should be thrown by the parade participants. These practices can result in injuries to children scrambling for candy and falling under moving vehicles. Violators of this request will be removed from the parade. Remember that throwing candy creates a safety hazard for our children.
- All cars and floats should be fully decorated with display signs on both sides stating the name of the organization, etc.
- The Birmingham Police Department will patrol all areas of the parade.
- Parade Marshals are assigned to each section to ensure that these instructions are followed. All participants must follow the orders of the Parade Marshals.
- Disbanding - As each unit reaches 8th Avenue and 18th Street North, the unit must disband and start to exit. Automobiles and other motor units should turn left (west) onto 8th Avenue North to disband. Walking and marching units will disband at 9th Avenue and 18th Street North. All bands must cease playing from this point and proceed promptly to the buses to load up.
Have a great time and enjoy, but most of all be safe and courteous to each other!